Friday, July 21, 2017

A-List Profile: by Chad Pipkins



Here is what being an A Lister means to me:

For starters, when I was growing up in Northern Michigan I had the pleasure of my father taking me to school every morning; I always enjoyed the talks and lectures that he gave me; to sum it up he always preached to me, "son if you want to be somebody someday you need to get an education!" Not knowing until I graduated from high school and went off to college that my father didn't graduate from high school. He was still able to create a large amount of success for himself and give his family everything they wanted. I'm so very thankful. 

So, I am the first person in my entire family to go to college, so that was a huge step for me and a bit scary at first! However, I always told myself that I am going to do my best and give it 110% no matter what happens and if I fail I can at least say I gave it my all. 

When I got that email stating that I made it on Professor Beck's A list, it showed me that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. It showed me that I can create my own personal success. 

Not only was it me that pushed myself, but it was the influence from Professor Valerie Beck that motivated me to do my best! She understood me and inspired me to be the best person I can be!

Being an A Lister is more than a title or an incentive, its proof that with hard work and determination you can achieve anything! The world is in your hands, don't give up, believe in yourself and you can achieve your wildest dreams!



Best wishes and regards,

Chad Pipkins 


No comments:

Post a Comment